In order to be eligible to register for the courses, IENs must have the following:
1. A College of Nurses of Ontario competency assessment form that shows RN credential from another country and competency gaps.
2. Competency gaps exclusively in one or more of the areas of ethical practice, self-regulation, professional responsibility and accountability, and service to the public will be eligible. Applicants with competency gaps in any of the areas of specialized body of knowledge, knowledge based practice, and competent application of knowledge are not eligible to apply for this stream.
3. Proof of Canadian citizenship, or permanent residence status, or refugee status, or work permit, or study permit (see How to Apply page for details).
4. Proof of English language proficiency if English is not your first language (see How to Apply page for details).
5. A working knowledge of computer technology in order to use the learning management system for the online components of the courses. Candidates must have access to a computer and Internet for the courses.