The Ontario Internationally Educated Nurses Course Consortium is seeking to hire a Course Developer and Instructor to develop and instruct the following course:
Knowledge-Based Practice: Competent Application of Knowledge Part 2
In this online course students will be provided with opportunities to develop and demonstrate comprehensive achievement of the College of Nurses of Ontario’s entry-to-practice competencies. As such students in the course will be provided with opportunities to learn and consistently demonstrate holistic, individualized nursing care with clients and families across the lifespan, based on critical inquiry. The students will have opportunities to demonstrate preventative, therapeutic and safety strategies. The students will demonstrate collaboration with client and members of the health team.
The Course Developer will be required to create 48 hours of simulation lab content at the baccalaureate year 3 and 4 level, evaluations, and list of needed supplies.
The Course Developer will be required to develop learning outcomes and evaluations for 216 hours of preceptored clinical placements at the baccalaureate year 3 and 4 level.
|Course Development||November 1, 2019 to April 20, 2020|
|Course Instruction||April 20, 2020 to August 28, 2020|
|Course Instruction||April 19, 2021 to August 27, 2021|
The Course Developer and Instructor will work with an Instructional Designer, Course Lead, Simulation Lab Staff, Clinical Placement Staff, and consortium team to develop the course before the course launch date.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Master’s degree
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience with and knowledge of internationally educated nurses learning needs
- Experience developing and teaching online courses
- Experience developing simulation lab content and evaluations at the baccalaureate year 3 and 4 level
- Experience developing learning outcomes and evaluations for preceptored clinical placements at the baccalaureate year 3 and 4 level
- Familiarity with the core concepts of the course
- Ability to provide one- to-one feedback to students and previous experience providing constructive feedback to students
- Ability to consult with and/or provide feedback to the consortium team
- Faculty will hold a Course Developer and Course Instructor contract with Trent University.
- Course Developer rate is $12,480 plus 4% vacation per contract. Course Instructor rate is $9,363 plus 4% vacation per contract.
Interviews will start October 21, 2019.
Trent University is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Trent University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.