In order to be eligible to register for the competency-bridging program of study, applicants must have the following:
- A College of Nurses of Ontario Internationally Educated Nurses Competency Assessment Form which states the applicant’s competency gaps.
- Applicants must have a current open application with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship, or permanent residence status, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing in Ontario (see How to Apply page for details).
- Proof of Ontario residency. All applicants must be residents of Ontario (See How to Apply page for details).
- Proof of English language proficiency if English is an additional language for you (see How to Apply page for details).
- A working knowledge of computer technology in order to use the learning management system for the online components of the courses. Candidates must have access to a computer, Microsoft Office, and Internet for the courses.
- The competency-bridging program of study has online and face to face components. Students will be required to do independent and group work throughout the program of study. Applicants must be able to meet the scheduling requirements and time commitments needed for the program of study.
Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria. There are no exceptions. Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission because there are a limited number of seats in the program of study.