Applications for the third cohort will remain open until May 29, 2020. successful applicants will be notified by september 2020.
Please review the eligibility criteria before applying and ensure you have scanned or electronic copies of the following documents:
- College of Nurses of Ontario Internationally Educated Nurses Competency Assessment Form which states your competency gaps.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship, or permanent residence status, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing in Ontario. Applicants must be residents of Ontario. Ensure you have a scanned or electronic copy of one of the following:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian passport
- Certificate of citizenship
- Permanent resident card
- Certificate of Indian status
- Landed immigrant papers
- Work permit or study permit authorizing you to practise nursing in Ontario
- Proof of Ontario residency. All applicants must be residents of Ontario. Ensure you have a scanned or electronic copy of one of the following:
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence
- Valid Ontario Photo Card
- Utility bill (e.g. cable TV, hydro, gas, water) or property tax bill
- Monthly bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts
- Pay stub
- Insurance policy (e.g. home, tenant, auto or life)
- Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
- Most recent income tax Notice of Assessment
- Proof of English language proficiency if English is an additional language for you. Ensure you have electronic or scanned copies of one of the following:
- CELBAN test scores
- IELTS test scores
- Status update letter from the College of Nurses of Ontario stating that you have met the English language proficiency requirement
- A decision letter from the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Registration Committee stating that you have met the English language proficiency requirement
- If you are a Registered Practical Nurse in the general or temporary class, you will need to enter your Registered Practical Nurse registration number into the application form. This number can be found on your College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration.
Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) test scores
|Test Component||Minimum CELBAN Score Accepted|
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic format test scores
|Test Component||Minimum IELTS Score Accepted|
Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission because there are a limited number of seats in the program of study.